By Daniel P. Barbezat,Mirabai Bush
- empower scholars to combine their very own adventure into the theoretical fabric they're being taught so as to deepen their understanding;
- help scholars to improve refined problem-solving skills;
- support scholars’ feel of connection to and compassion for others; and
- engender inquiries into scholars’ such a lot profound questions.
Contemplative practices are utilized in with regards to each discipline—from physics to economics to history—and are present in all sorts of establishment. every year a growing number of school, schooling reformers, and leaders of training and studying facilities hunt down most sensible practices in contemplative instructing, and now can locate them the following, delivered to you through of the most important leaders and innovators at the topic.
This e-book offers history details and concepts for the sensible program of contemplative practices around the educational curriculum from the actual sciences to the arts and humanities. Examples of contemplative strategies incorporated within the ebook are mindfulness, meditation, yoga, deep listening, contemplative examining and writing, and pilgrimage, together with web site visits and box trips.
Read or Download Contemplative Practices in Higher Education: Powerful Methods to Transform Teaching and Learning PDF
Similar education policy books
This research is the 1st attempt to rfile the level of NAFTA's effect on larger schooling. via case stories, the authors examine better schooling coverage in Canada, Mexico, and america utilizing a standard theoretical framework that identifies monetary globalization, overseas alternate liberalization, and post-industrialization as universal structural elements exerting an important effect on greater schooling within the 3 nations.
UNSUSTAINABLE frames the matter of price and effectiveness in AmericaOs public education approach, and gives a method to handle it. It argues anything that many schooling execs and coverage makers have come to think yet not often point out: That this countryOs method of K-12 education isn't sustainable and is turning into a poorer price every year that is going by means of.
In order to opposite the purported difficulty in U. S. public colleges, the government, states, districts have mandated regulations that want standardized methods to educating and evaluate. for that reason, academics were hoping on teacher-centered tutorial techniques that don't think about the wishes, reviews, and pursuits in their scholars; this can be quite said with English freshmen (ELs).
Acclaimed African American student and instructor educator Gloria Ladson-Billings examines the sector of instructor schooling during the accomplishments and contributions of recognized African American instructor educators—Lisa Delpit, Carl furnish, Jacqueline Jordan Irvine, Geneva homosexual, Cherry McGee Banks, William Tate, and Joyce King.
- Education, Professionalism, and the Quest for Accountability: Hitting the Target but Missing the Point (Routledge International Studies in the Philosophy of Education)
- Kooperation und demokratisches Prinzip: Ein Beitrag zur Klärung des Begriffs Schülerpartizipation (German Edition)
- Governing at the Top: Building a Board-Superintendent Strategic Governing Team
- Lokale Bildungslandschaften: Perspektiven für Ganztagsschulen und Kommunen (German Edition)
- Everything for Sale? The Marketisation of UK Higher Education (Research into Higher Education)
- Leading Ethically in Schools and Other Organizations: Inquiry, Case Studies, and Decision-Making
Extra info for Contemplative Practices in Higher Education: Powerful Methods to Transform Teaching and Learning